Monday, August 10, 2009

Money-C

Do you ever find yourself going through old photos only to be completely shocked and appalled by the younger version of yourself that stares back at you from the image? I'm not talking about self-loathing or anything, but more along the lines of "oh my god, I can't believe I ever dressed like that" or "great Odin's raven, what was going on with my hair?" Well, if you're anything like me then anything that has passed that invisible expiration date which relegates it into the far past of your lives has a solid chance of awakening said feelings, however bittersweet they may be.

Luckily enough, this isn't ALWAYS the case. An old friend recently sent me this gem he ran across while clearing out his hard drive:



Now this photo dates back at least 6 years, to a time when I was known not as Joe-sensei, but simply "Money-C." Although some claim he was born from the fiery pits of junior high basketball courts, the origins of this nickname and the man himself are as cloaked in mystery as the answers to some of the questions this photograph implies: Why is that ceiling so low? Who are these people? Where did I get that rad hat? What happened to all my body hair? What emotion could I possibly be attempting to convey with that facial expression? And lastly, how on Earth was I so AWESOME?!?! These are the questions that keep me up at night.



どうぶネズミみたいに

1 comment:

chad said...

Oh yes, I remember those days. Haha...it is simply frightening (and at the same time, heartening) to look at pics from back then. :)