Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Murtaugh List

Getting older is an interesting thing. When looking at it rationally, a quarter of a century really isn't that long a time. Go out to a bar (at least where I live) and tell someone you are 25 and all you are likely to receive is a showering of compliments and jealous crooning about your age. At the same time, though, I find myself more and more often feeling like I am far less capable, or at least tolerant, in certain areas than I was a mere 3 years ago. While I can hardly take credit for the idea, I feel like exploring these areas with my own "Murtaugh List" is an appropriate first step to dealing with my rapid-onset geriatrics. (For those of you would add "clicking on embedded hyperlinks" to your own Murtaugh List, the list includes anything that prompts one to say "I'm getting too old for this shit" immediately afterward.)

1) Going punch for punch with an entire bar of Japanese people.
2) Singing head, shoulders, knees and toes more than once a day.
3) Pancakes.
4) Drinking whiskey any way but straight up.
5) Bicycles.
6) Answering my home phone.
7) Standing up in the shower.
8) Locking my home doors or taking my car keys with me when I exit the vehicle.
9) Any form of media that I have to pay money for.
10) Asia.



星のない空の下で

No comments: